Christine har udsendt en generel udfordring eller mission, om man vil. Opgaven går ud på at samle 1000 huer ind til neonatalafdelinger i Cuba. Jeg synes, det er en super god ide, og sådanne småhuer passer fint til de små rester bomuldsgarn, jeg har liggende på lager. Så jeg har grebet bolden og er gået i gang.

Den første hue er færdig, og da det er vanedannende med sådanne småtterier er den næste allerede i gang. Jeg har lavet en tæller på bloggen, så jeg kan holde løbende styr på antallet, efterhånden som det (forhåbentlig) vokser. Jeg strikker efter Rigshospitalets opskrift, men Christine har også lagt en opskrift med flere størrelser (nu også på engelsk) på sin blog. Huerne kræver ikke meget garn, de vejer kun omkring 10-15 gram hver.

Christine has sent out a challenge or mission if you will. The task is to collect 1000 hats for neonatal wards in Cuba. I think it’s a really good idea, and such tiny hats are really good for the wee bits of cotton yarn I have in my stash (a pure win-win situation). So I’ve taken up the batton and have started.

The first hat is finished, and as it is a bit like Friday night snacks (one is never enough) I started the next one immediately. I have made a counter for the blog, so I can keep track of the number as it (hopefully) grows. I knit the hats after the pattern on the State Hospital’s homepage, and Christine has also put a pattern with more sizes on her blog (now the pattern can be found in English as well). The hats don’t use up much yarn as they only weigh in about 10-15 grams.

Advertisements