You are currently browsing the tag archive for the ‘toys’ tag.

20130126-162430.jpg

Min mellemste nevø havde fødselsdag i fredags, og der var inviteret til familiekomsammen i weekenden. Han er en sød dreng, der elsker bamser. Jeg har for noget tid siden introduceret ham og hans storebror til Miyazakis værker, begyndende med “Min nabo Totoro“, der har været et stort hit. Derfor var det nærliggende, at han skulle have en Totorobamse samt nogle flere af de gode, søde og temmelig underfundige film (jeg valgte at forøge deres samling med Kiki og Ponyo).

Jeg fandt et fint gratismønster på nettet (her hos Cheek and Stitch), men valgte at skifte filtet ud med fleece for at sikre vaskbarheden af den færdige bamse. Derudover forstørrede jeg mønsteret fra A4 til A3, så bamsen blev lidt større. Alle detaljerne, bortset fra munden som er broderet, er syet på med den lille zigzag på maskinen. Bamsen tog 2 timer i let influenzaramt tilstand, så det må siges at være en helt fint og nemt projekt. Den faldt i god jord hos modtageren og blev krammet indtil flere gange, hvilket jeg tolker som en ren succes.

My middle nephew turned 4 this Friday, and the family celebration was held this weekend. He is a sweet boy, who absolutely loves plush toys. A while ago I introduced him and his big brother to Miyazaki’s works, starting with “My Neighbour Totoro“, which was a great hit. Thus I thought it appropriate to make him a plush toy Totoro for a gift along with a couple more of the good, sweet, and rather whimpsical movies (I choose to increase their collection with Kiki and Ponyo).

I found a good and free pattern on the web (found here at Cheek and Stitch), but chose to change the fabric from felt to fleece to ensure the washability of the finished toy. Furthermore I enlarged the pattern (from A4 to A3) because Totoro isn’t a wee small thing in my oppinion. All the details except the mouth (which is embroidered on) was sewn on by machine. It took me 2 hours in a light influenza haze to make the toy, so it can’t be said to be difficult. It was really well received by the birthday boy, who hugged it several times, which I take as a hint of a great success.

Der er for alvor gået redebygning i den herhjemme. Lillebror er her snart, og pludselig tænker man sig om og får gjort en masse forberedelser. Vi er faktisk lige ved at være så klar, som man næsten kan være, og det er dejligt og beroligende at tænke på.

Udover de mere grundlæggende ting såsom indkøb af bleer i størrelse miniature, har jeg fået lavet lidt kreativ redebygning i løbet af i dag. Jeg har syet et nyt sæt sengetøj til LB med en applikeret elefant (selvfølgelig), og da jeg alligevel var i gang med stof og symaskine, kunne jeg ikke dy mig for også at sy en elefantbamse, der passede til. Det er også ved at være ret længe siden, jeg sidst syede en af mine lykkefanter.

The nesting energies have struck with force lately. Little brother is soon to be expected, and suddenly you think a bit about all the stuff that needs doing. We are actually pretty nearly as ready as you can be, and it is a very nice and calming thing to be able to feel that way.

Besides the more common things, like remembering to buy diapers in miniature size, I’ve managed a bit of creative nesting today. I’ve sewn a new duvet and pillowcover for LB with an elephant application (of course), and since I already had sorted out fabric and sewing machine, I couldn’t help myself, but made an elephant softie as well. It was good to make another, since it has been too long since I last sewed one of my luckyphants.

Sengesættet er syet i Rowans kraftige Home Décor stof, der er købt i Fingerbøllet i Farum. Selvom bomuldsstoffet er noget kraftigere end man sædvaneligt ser til sengetøj, så synes jeg det er rigtig godt. Det er ikke kraftigere end, at det falder godt og kan “krammes”, og da det er godt og solidt har man ikke fornemmelsen af at det “forsvinder” hele tiden. Jeg er yderst godt tilfreds. Applikationen er jeg også meget godt tilfreds med, især fordi min symaskine egentlig ikke kan lave ordentlige tætte zigzags til den slags. Men med lidt strygefliseline på bagsiden, så tror jeg nu nok, det kommer til at gå.

The duvet and pillow cover is sewn in Rowan’s Home Décor fabric, which I bought in Fingerbøllet in Farum. Even though this cotton fabric is somewhat heavier than is usual in such covers, I really like it. Even though it’s a heavier fabric, it has a nice drape and can be “cuddled” with, and I really like that it has some weight, which means that you don’t feel like it’s disappearing between your hands all the time. I’m very, very happy with it. I’m also quite pleased with the result of my application, especially since my sewing machine actually isn’t able to do a close zigzag for such works. But with a bit of iron-on backing (what do you call that type of fabric in English), I think it will be ok.

Elefanten er syet af 3 forskellige patchworkstoffer fra hhv. Fingerbøllet og Speich Design (Lyngby). Mønsteret er mit helt eget. Halen er flettet af en rest Lorna’s Laces strømpegarn, der viste sig at matche super i farven. Øjne og hjerter er broderet på i kædesting.

The softie elephant is sewn of 3 different patchwork fabrics bought at Fingerbøllet and Speich Design (in Lynbgy). The pattern is my very own. The tail is braided in a little bit of Lorna’s Laces sock yarn, which happened to match the colours perfectly. Eyes and hearts are embroidered in chain stitching.

I’m twittering

Find me on Ravelry as Lykkefanten

Copyright

This page is protected by copyright. Please do not use materials without my permission.

I respect other designer's copyrights and will not break them by copying or distributing patterns. Please do not ask me to.